Grundfos DDA (XL)-FCM Smart Digital Speed Controlled Diaphragm Dosing Pump
The SMART Digital DDA is a compact positive displacement, diaphragm dosing pump with variable-speed drive (PMS motor) and intelligent control electronics with minimum energy consumption. The SMART Digital Dosing series operates at full stroke length to ensure optimum accuracy, priming and suction, even for high-viscosity or degassing liquids. The duration of each discharge stroke varies according to the capacity set, resulting in optimum smooth and continuous discharge flow. The mounting plate allows quick installation and service. The control cube can be turned easily into front, left or right position. The click wheel and the multi-coloured backlit graphical, plain-text LC display make commissioning and operation intuitive. The control elements are protected by a transparent cover.
The sensor-based FlowControl (FCM) system detects malfunctions directly in the dosing head and displays them in plain text in the alarm menu, e.g. air bubbles, line burst, overpressure. The integrated flow measurement function measures the actual flow and makes additional monitoring and control equipment redundant (accuracy of ± 1 % of set value in case of trouble-free process). The measured flow is displayed and can be integrated in the process control, e.g. SCADA. Furthermore, the AutoFlowAdapt function automatically adjusts the pump speed according to the process conditions to maintain target flow even at e.g. varying backpressure or air bubbles foaming (degassing drive strategy).
The dosing head is composed of:
- Long lifetime and universal, chemically resistant full double PTFE diaphragm.
- Ball valves for highest dosing accuracy.
- Deaeration valve for easy startup.
- Pressure sensor.
- Manual dosing in ml/h, I/h or gph.
- Pulse control in ml/pulse (incl. memory function).
- Analog control 0/4-20 mA (scalable).
- Pulse-based batch function in ml, l or gal.
- Timer-based batch function (Dosing timer, cycle or week).
- Fieldbus control (GENIbus prepared for Grundfos CIU fieldbus modules).
- Auto deaeration during pump standby to avoid breakdowns due to air-locking.
- Two SlowMode steps (anti-cavitation), 50 % (maximum flow: 30 l/h) and 25 % (maximum flow: 15 l/h), e.g. for high-viscosity or degassing liquids.
- Service information display to show when service and which wear-part order number is required.
- Two-step key lock function to protect the pump against unauthorised access.
- Additional display function to provide further information, e.g. the actual mA input signal.
- Counter for total dosed volume (resettable), operating hours, etc.
- Save and load customised settings as well as reload of factory settings.
- Signal inputs/outputs:
- Input for pulse, analog 0/4-20mA and external stop.
- Input for low-level and empty-tank signal.
- Two potential-free output relays for maximum 30 V AC/DC (configurable, e.g. alarm, stroke signal, pump dosing, timer etc.)
- Output analog 0/4-20mA.
- Fieldbus communication interface (GENIbus, for connecetion of the Grundfos CIU fieldbus converter).