Grundfos Hydro MPC-E Automatic Variable Speed Water Pressure Boosting Pump – Three Phase
The Grundfos Hydro MPC-E Packaged Pump System is a complete pump set with pumps, valves, suction and discharge manifolds, mounted on a common base. The pump system includes a Control panel designed to Grundfos specification. The Pressure booster system is supplied as compact assembly according to DIN standard 1988/T5.
- Hydro MPC-E maintains a constant pressure through continuous adjustment of the speed of the pumps irrespective of the flow rate
- The system performance is adapted to the demand through cutting in/out the required number of pumps and through parallel control of the pumps in operation i.e. cascade.
- Pump changeover is automatic and depends on load, time and fault.
The Grundfos Hydro MPC-E boosting Package is comprised of the following components:
- Parts in contact with the pumped liquid are manufactured in stainless steel EN DIN 1.4301.
Pump bases and heads are stainless steel (CRI). The pumps are equipped with a service-friendly cartridge shaft seal, HQQE (Silicon Carbide/Silicon Carbide/ EPDM). Pumps are fitted motors, the Grundfos MGE IE5 premium efficiency permanent magnet motors to 11kw and High efficiency IE3 MGE motors 15-22 kW.
- Manifolds – Two manifolds of stainless steel EN DIN 1.4301 and incorporate loose-ring, epoxy coated, aluminium inlet/outlet flanges to DIN dimension.
- Modular base frame – Pumps are mounted to a common base frame (5 and six pump packages may be split) manufactured in either folded and welded stainless steel or hot dip galvanized fabricated mild steel (system size dependant).
- One non-return valve (POM) and two isolating valves for each pump.
Dry-running protection and diaphragm tank are available according to the list of accessories. Pump operation is controlled by Control MPC with the following functions:
- Intelligent multi-pump controller, CU 352.
- Constant pressure control through continuously variable adjustment of the speed of each individual pump.
- PID controller with adjustable PI parameters (Kp + Ti).
- Constant pressure at setpoint, independent of inlet pressure.
- On/off operation at low flow.
- Automatic cascade control of pumps for optimum efficiency.
- Selection of min. time between start/stop, automatic pump changeover and pump priority.
- Automatic pump test function to prevent idle pumps from seizing up.
- Possibility of standby pump allocation.
- Possibility of backup sensor (redundant primary sensor).
- Manual operation.
- Display of individual pump run hours
- Soft pressure build-up
- Internal time clock based operation
- Possibility of external setpoint influence
- Log function
- Setpoint Ramp
- Possibility of digital remote-control functions:
- System on/off,
- Max., min. or user-defined duty
- Up to 6 alternative setpoints.
- Digital inputs and outputs can be configured individually.
- Pump and system monitoring functions:
- Minimum and maximum limits of current value
- Inlet pressure
- Motor protection.
- Sensors and cables monitored against malfunction.
- Alarm log with the previous 24 warnings/alarms, time & date stamped.
- Display and indication functions:
- Colour Screen display
- Green indicator light for operating indications and red indicator light for fault indications
- Potential-free changeover contacts for operation and fault.
- Grundfos Bus communication options via Grundfos CIM.
- Optional Grundfos Remote Management (GRM)
Booster system includes panel door mounted system emergency stop button and the additional IP602 panel that includes the following features:
- Easy navigation via intuitive push buttons
- Individual pump run & fault LED’s
- System alarm LED
- Multifunction pump liquid temperature display
- Input facility to connect optional pump liquid temperature sensors
- Pump liquid temperature protection, if optional sensors connected
- Phase failure indication when optional phase failure protection is included
- Alarm reset/mute of audible alarm button