Grundfos SCALA2 3-45A Variable Speed Pressure Pump
Grundfos Scala 2 is a robust, composite, variable speed pump that adjusts performance according to water demand, providing constant pressure to all taps. The fully integrated pump includes a motor, tank, sensor, drive and non-return valve in one compact unit that is quick and easy to install. SCALA2 is self-priming, allowing for use from both above and below ground water sources and the water-cooled motor ensures quiet operation. The Grundfos Scala2 includes:
- intelligent controller
- integrated speed-controlled drive
- integrated tank
- integrated sensors
- integrated non-return valves
As it is self-priming, the SCALA2 is able to pump water from a level below the pump. Provided it is filled with water, the pump is able to lift water from a depth of 8 m in less than 5 minutes. This facilitates easy installation and start-up of the pump and provides more reliable water supply in installations where there is a risk of dry running and leakages in suction hose or pipes.
If exposed to dry running, water shortage or excessive temperature, blocked pump, for example in case of seizure or overload, the pump will stop automatically, thus preventing a motor burnout.
The pump features an automatic reset function. In case of dry running or similar alarm, the pump will stop. Restarting will be attempted every 5 minutes 8 times, there after new restart attempt will occur every 24 hours. The automatic reset function can be deactivated.
Thanks to its hydraulic design, permanent magnet motor and water cooling, the pump is extremely low-noise, 47 dB(A) in typical use, which makes it suitable for indoor as well as outdoor use. Max noise level at full load are 53 dB(A)
The built-in pressure tank reduces the number of starts and stops in case of leakages in the pipe system, causing less wear on the pump.
SCALA2 require no maintenance, but it is recommended to keep the pump clean, check the non-return valves and keep the ventilation holes free of dust
- Household water supply
- Pressure boosting from above ground rainwater or holding tanks
- Pressure boosting from below ground water sources – eg. below ground tank or dam
- Mains boosting
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Variable Speed – The pump adjusts performance according to water demand, providing constant pressure to all taps regardless of variations in demand or inlet pressure.
- Self-Priming – Ideal for pressurising water from above or below ground water sources with a suction lift of up to 8 metres and self-priming up to 4 metres.
- Energy Efficient – The pump features a permanent magnet motor to help reduce power consumption while the frequency controller matches the power consumption with the required water output, also helping to conserve energy and reduce energy bills.
- Simple Selection – One model to suit most domestic applications makes selection easy.
- User Friendly – The easy-to-use control panel features LED indicators displaying power status, pressure setting and alarm indicator lights.
- Protective Functions – To protect the pump and help ensure a long life, a range of protective features are incorporated into the pump such as; dry-run protection, anti-cycling alarm, auto-reset and maximum continuous operation time (30 mins).
- Easy Installation – Quick and easy installation in just three steps; connect the pipes, prime the pump and plug into the power outlet.
- Integrated Non-Return Valve – No additional non-return valve required – plug and pump solution.